Prior to 2006
|Skills and engineering experience in near real-time communications– high integrity systems. Engaged in product and system development cycle, TRL-1 thru 7, focus on airborne data links for autonomous and airmobile assets deploying self organizing aviation and IP (protocol) based links.
- Integrator of radio systems in flight demonstrations of Airborne Networking at the FAA Technical Center (NexGen program support).
- Provided the ground stations and airborne radio system for FAA and NASA aircraft in the SATS Program.
- Member/participant of the ICAO panel and workgroups that developed SARPs for VDL Navigation/Surveillance data link services.
- Supported the ICAO GNSS panel SARPs (LAAS) with design engineering, prototype development and validation of EPOL antennas at NAWCAD, Patuxent.
- Demonstrated (at Atlanta and Pax River) multi-mode ground station/router to interface VDL/4 and VDL/2 with ground-based automation and safety systems for AMASS and FASSTER
- Member, Virginia Small Aircraft Transportation System (VSATS) team and contractor under the NCAM/ NASA Program.
Radio Engineering Expertise
- Designed, built and validated special purpose link layer and network layer protocol based on ISO 4335 and ISO 8208 optimized for radio environments (minimal overhead of traditional wireline protocols).
- Direct participant in international program to standardize world-wide and field a MAC, Link and application layer for radio environments.
- Developed capacity and protocol performance test suites to validate RF performance.
- Supported extensive multi-year flight test programs with VDL systems installed on multiple aircraft and ground nodes to evaluate radio systems for use in air traffic operations.
- Under contract to a satellite services customer, developed and delivered prototype link layer SDL based code to support TT&C, data transfer, short text messaging and geographic filtering functions.